We kick off the first unabashedly non-clean podcast with a steaming pile of BS. Links to some of the stuff we discussed below.
- NEUROFUSE – THE FUSENING
- This is literally how homeopathy claims to work, guys
- Bayer’s summary of how actual drugs work
- The Randi foundation million-dollar prize
- Offered to anyone who can show the legitimacy of a paranormal phenomenon. Still unclaimed.
- Derren Brown shows off some cold reading tricks
- Popular Misunderstanding of Placebo effect (this is really just a bunch of unsubstantiated anecdotes)
- Interestingly enough, placebos can work even if you know they are placebos.
- Grain of salt, this is a fairly new research program and many of the studies are underpowered from a statistical standpoint. Interesting, but I don’t think yet well-demonstrated.
- HEADLINE: Tory MP wants astrology in clinics!
- Grumpy American in Houston upset.
- DNA Activation – a truly bizarre pseudoscientific pile of BS
- General fun BS activity — check out Penn and Teller’s show. You can just go through YouTube—most are up there.